gallery biim

Ä«Å×°í¸® ¸Þ´º

Ä¿¹Â´ÏƼ ¹× ¼Ò¼È ³×Æ®¿öÅ©

³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

NEWS

COLUMN - ¼¼»óÀ» º¸´Â °¶·¯¸® ºöÀÇ ´Ù¾çÇÑ ½Ã¼±À» ´À²¸º¸¼¼¿ä.
No. Title Date
2163 [biim]'³»°¡ »ý»êÇÑ °Í'î÷(08.04.18-30.) Explain about my work 2008.04.24

Please tell us if there is any incident or occasion that has influenced the forms or concept of your work. 
-When I returned from days of all night works in my college years and was in restroom to take a shower, I could smell the bad odors coming from my body in contrast to the soap with sweet scent.
I realized that smell would have been there regardless of the intelligent, good, rich and diligent.
The esquiss came across my mind as if answers to all questions have been solved.

Though I have not acquired an answer for purpose of my life, I have grasped the best method to acquire the answer from that day in that it is only available when you put utmost effort in your life with open-mind. 

What is inside that works of art? How did you make it?
-Those are the keratin, hairs and skins that come from my body. I have reproduced the matters that come from body as close as possible in its original form.

Forms of work is different but very similar. Why is that?
-It is the form representing the repetition. We lead very similar patterns of life although we do not and cannot carry out exactly the same chores as we did yesterday. It is the method of expression containing such meaning.     

On what purpose did you stuff...did you create works of art in that form?
-It is form to make those matters very precious and essential in our lives.
I have identified the tangible and intangible creation and repeated labor of people with the keratin of which is the main material for these works.

What do materials for your work and tangible & intangible creation of people have in common?
-We cannot prevent dirt from piling up on our skin. Although it may sound silly, we can not prevent people from labor and creation as well.
It is more difficult to ban people of creation than force people of creation. No, I think it is impossible to prevent people from creation.
Although it is true that what we are blessed with is the fruit of ceaseless effort, but on the other hand it is very natural courses of our lives.

Appreciating the works, I could notice the repetition of round numbers including 12 and 30. Is there any reason for it?
-Work in question would be Shower, Nails and Toenails. Of course there is a meaning to it. It expresses the repetition and I have applied commonly used principles such as decimal scale, duodecimal scale and Base 30 numeral systems as the signals.

What do such signals and cycles mean in your work and what is the conclusion?
-Repetition we experiences in our lives starts from the birth and does not end until the death.
It goes for the same with the creation made by labor and imagination and dirt that piles up on our skin.
People say that work should represent the life itself in fundamental levels but it should be substantial, sincere, modest and earnest to continuously represent life.
What I would like to point out here is the difference between human beings and the others.
Human beings likes to create something more than any other creatures and follows the principles of nature well. Namely, human beings are masters of repetition. We always repeat eating, discharging and working. I have focused on the traits of human beings whom must repeat cleaning all the time because we are getting dirty immediately after cleaning or taking showers.
Therefore, we have to be more devoted to such traits of human beings to be more humanistic and to maintain these traits we have to be more earnest. 
In conclusion, I wanted to express that the grandiloquence and insolence created by human beings are not just intentional but inevitable at the same time through fundamental forms. 
[ÀÌ °Ô½Ã¹°Àº ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ´Ô¿¡ ÀÇÇØ 2012-03-09 15:37:46 board¿¡¼­ À̵¿ µÊ]
[ÀÌ °Ô½Ã¹°Àº ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ´Ô¿¡ ÀÇÇØ 2012-07-08 16:24:46 exhibition¿¡¼­ À̵¿ µÊ]
Up 2164 [biim] ÁÖ¿µ½Åî÷(2008.11.7.-19.) ÀÛ°¡ ³ëÆ® 2008.11.12
Down 2162 [biim]'³»°¡ »ý»êÇÑ °Í'î÷(08.04.18-30.) ÀÛ¾÷¿¡´ëÇÏ¿© 2008.04.24
KOR ENG gallery biim