gallery biim

Ä«Å×°í¸® ¸Þ´º

Ä¿¹Â´ÏƼ ¹× ¼Ò¼È ³×Æ®¿öÅ©

³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

NEWS

EXHIBITIONS - °¶·¯¸® ºöÀÇ ´Ù¾çÇÑ Àü½Ã¸¦ ÇÑ´«¿¡ º¼ ¼ö ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.
Category Title Date
ÀÏ¹Ý ºöÀÇ5¿ùÀü½Ã,¼®¹Ì¼·ÀÇ ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿î¿À¿ùÀ̺¥Æ®Àü(5.4-6.6) #14. ÀÛ°¡³ëÆ®(Ren Lee) 2024-05-03~2024-05-03

When I first encountered Suk Mee Sub artist¡¯s work, I was filled with a great sense of gratitude and a refreshing appreciation of sincerity.  It was not a situational or romanticized appreciation, but to discover the pure strife and evident potency of honesty, and her personal dedication and love for expression was profound as a fellow painter.  It is not often in these busy streets of urban life and fast moving markets to find such a clear and sincere message.  Her message is neither lecturing nor needlessly emphasized.  It is this pureness, clarity, and thorough humanness, which I found powerful and remarkable.
        To search in vain for the attainment of hope and happiness outside, always falling short, is not uncommon.  And here, it comes down to such a simple, almost passive, yet emotionally striking message.  There is a motif of modest happiness and love here that I myself desired to find in artwork.  Her expression is unfiltered.  From the filled backgrounds to the detailed and drawn out search to meet her subject, there is a ritualistic process.  The pieces convey a deep joy of art making.  One senses the heavy importance of creating.
        Viewers come away with different readings and messages( hope, dignity, ability, strength, determination, sincerity, pureness), but the power of the message is evident in each reading.  This tribute show was created by Gallery Biim, as both a celebration of the artist and to allow the numerous viewers who were touched by her work and message. 
As Suk Mee Sub no longer creates her visual works, I worked as an apprentice and became a recipient of her expression.  Using her images, I recreated a mimicked interpretation of her paintings.  There were made to allow those who seek sincerity and desire a reminder of philosophical goodness and pureness in their lives to be able to own something of her work.  Though they are not the originals, I tried to hold onto the spirit and quality of the pieces by containing them in personal, token sized canvases.
I am so honored to have been a part of this tribute show,  Thank you and, most of all, my gratitude to the artist, Suk Mee Sub, for sharing with the world her heart-felt drops of hope in unfiltered waterfalls- no calculations are necessary when one has found the essence of honesty and strength.

-Ren Lee-

[ÀÌ °Ô½Ã¹°Àº ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ´Ô¿¡ ÀÇÇØ 2012-03-09 15:30:55 board¿¡¼­ À̵¿ µÊ]
Up 305 À¯¿ùÀü½Ã ½ÃÀÛÇÕ´Ï´Ù! 2007.06.08
Down 289 biimÀÇ 5¿ùÀü½Ã, ¼®¹Ì¼·ÀÇ '¾Æ¸§´Ù¿î ¡¦ 2007.05.03
KOR ENG gallery biim